Demonstrating Community Pride and Improving Safety in our Alleyways!
Keep the Central neighborhood beautiful by making an effort to beautify and improve our alley spaces. The Central Neighborhood Alley Beautification Contest is designed to help residents and neighborhood organizations take ownership of their local environment and build a stronger community by developing and nurturing relationships among neighbors. We will be looking for projects that show community pride and creativity, while utilizing sound ecological practices like native plants and recycle and reused materials, and articulate the unique identity of the neighborhood.
- Projects must be completed by Sept. 30, 2011
- Participants must submit two photos (before and after) of their project.
- Entries and photos may be mailed or emailed to CANDO’s office at 310 E. 38th St., Room 304, Mpls., MN 55409 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries and photos must be received by Sept. 30, 2011.
- Entries must include the following information:
- Address of the project;
- Contact information: Participants’ names, addresses, phone numbers and emails;
- Brief description of the project (50 words or less);
- The date the photos were taken.
- Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall look of the completed project;
- Inviting look of the property upon completion;
- Appropriateness of appearance.
- The judging will be done by a task force constituted for this contest.
- Winners will be recognized by CANDO at the annual meeting in October.
- Winners will receive a gift certificate or other prize.
- Entry forms and photos become the property of CANDO and will not be returned.